Prix de Fontainebleau : Cold shower for Dabirsim
At price of an incredible return, Dragon Pulse wins the Prix de Fontainebleau.
The duel between Dabirsim and Coup de Théâtre has not taken place. Instead, Dabirsim was the victim of a coup de theater, namely the irresistible rise of Dragon Pulse in the last 100 meters when he thought he had won the race.
The best two years-old in Europe, unbeaten in his last five races, had yet look great during his round of presentation: casual, elegant, confident in his abilities.
An ideal scenario
After a short explanation at the exit of the stalls between Dabirsim and himself, Historic Find moved to wait alongside his rival Coup de Théâtre , who imagine to wait until the final stretch to double the lead after his magnificent victory in the Prix Omnium II .
The race does not start on a very fast pace encouraging the creation of a compact bunch. The group of six horses ahead of the same look and at the halfway, So Fast guides to the troop before Vaniloquio , Historic Find and Dabirsim in an ideal position.
At 300m from the finish, the favorite spot his attack. In a few strides, it detaches from various lengths and then offers himself a comfortable mattress at 150m to go. The beautiful story would be enriched by a new chapter, the sixth win in a row, the newspapers had already found their titles.
Dabirsim releases, Dragon Pulse attacks
May be too easy on the last hectometre, Christophe Soumillon and Dabirsim
down the intensity of their stride while Dragon Pulse
is in a different dynamic!
A tactic even more bizarre that the crack jockey has taken the trouble to look behind him several times to ensure the position of its competitors.
Misjudgment, pump stroke of Dabirsim after his acceleration, or rather the sin of pride jockey?
Anyway, at the finish line, the favorite may not contain the irresistible finish of Dragon Pulse which is ahead by a nose.
Finally, the image of Dabirsim
is not tarnished. Obviously he has the wingspan of an exceptional horse.
Dragon Pulse and Mikel Delzangles offer here a landmark victory. After his second place in the National Stakes (GI) last September, the Irish shows that they will be wary of him at the Poule d’Essai des Poulains and at the Jockey Club .
>> The Arrival of the 2012 Prix de Fontainebleau
Les autres actualités
- > Marcel Rolland, « bien armé pour bien conclure » (Friday 21 November 2014)
- > Fabrice Lercier – Mr et Mme Chaudemanche : une équipe qui monte (Friday 21 November 2014)
- > Jean-Vincent Placé : un sénateur écolo face à la presse hippique (Wednesday 05 November 2014)
- > Crack Series : Sourire de Voutré donne le sourire au sang français (Tuesday 04 November 2014)
- > Meeting d’hiver de Vincennes : temps forts et chiffres clés (Monday 27 October 2014)
- > Le Quinté+, un événement… particulier (Thursday 23 October 2014)
- > Cracks series: Cuise la Motte à la force du jarret (Tuesday 21 October 2014)
- > Victoire attend son heure ! (Wednesday 15 October 2014)
- > Maxime Guyon « boosté » par les victoires (Wednesday 08 October 2014)
- > Trêve, belote, rebelote dans l’Arc de Triomphe (Wednesday 08 October 2014)
Ce dernier dimanche de la saison, à Auteuil, est aussi celui des dernières courses principales sur les obstacles en 2014. Marcel Rolland, qui a gagné le premier groupe de l’année à Auteuil, sera bien représenté dans ces 4 épreuves.
Depuis début 2013, Fabrice Lercier travaille pour le compte de Gérard et Brigitte Chaudemanche au haras du Montaval et le moins que l'on puisse dire, c'est que ça marche fort.
C'est dans le cadre de la Mascotte, un café de la Butte Montmartre, que Jean-Vincent Placé, sénateur écologiste, s'est prêté au jeu des questions réponses de la presse hippique.