Prix de Fontainebleau : Cold shower for Dabirsim
At price of an incredible return, Dragon Pulse wins the Prix de Fontainebleau.
The duel between Dabirsim and Coup de Théâtre has not taken place. Instead, Dabirsim was the victim of a coup de theater, namely the irresistible rise of Dragon Pulse in the last 100 meters when he thought he had won the race.
The best two years-old in Europe, unbeaten in his last five races, had yet look great during his round of presentation: casual, elegant, confident in his abilities.
An ideal scenario
After a short explanation at the exit of the stalls between Dabirsim and himself, Historic Find moved to wait alongside his rival Coup de Théâtre , who imagine to wait until the final stretch to double the lead after his magnificent victory in the Prix Omnium II .
The race does not start on a very fast pace encouraging the creation of a compact bunch. The group of six horses ahead of the same look and at the halfway, So Fast guides to the troop before Vaniloquio , Historic Find and Dabirsim in an ideal position.
At 300m from the finish, the favorite spot his attack. In a few strides, it detaches from various lengths and then offers himself a comfortable mattress at 150m to go. The beautiful story would be enriched by a new chapter, the sixth win in a row, the newspapers had already found their titles.
Dabirsim releases, Dragon Pulse attacks
May be too easy on the last hectometre, Christophe Soumillon and Dabirsim
down the intensity of their stride while Dragon Pulse
is in a different dynamic!
A tactic even more bizarre that the crack jockey has taken the trouble to look behind him several times to ensure the position of its competitors.
Misjudgment, pump stroke of Dabirsim after his acceleration, or rather the sin of pride jockey?
Anyway, at the finish line, the favorite may not contain the irresistible finish of Dragon Pulse which is ahead by a nose.
Finally, the image of Dabirsim
is not tarnished. Obviously he has the wingspan of an exceptional horse.
Dragon Pulse and Mikel Delzangles offer here a landmark victory. After his second place in the National Stakes (GI) last September, the Irish shows that they will be wary of him at the Poule d’Essai des Poulains and at the Jockey Club .
>> The Arrival of the 2012 Prix de Fontainebleau
Les autres actualités
- > Saturday program: the "Legendes" back (Friday 22 August 2014)
- > TGV in Cagnes sur Mer Timoko / King of Lupin, the expected match (Wednesday 20 August 2014)
- > Sovereign in the Prix Jacques Le Marois, Kingman is the king of the mile (Monday 18 August 2014)
- > Sunday at Enghien: The beautiful impressions (Monday 11 August 2014)
- > Rapide Lebel bows out (Friday 08 August 2014)
- > Criterium for 5 years: focus on the generation of V (Friday 08 August 2014)
- > Prix de la Haye: Mystic Village ready for the Criterium! (Monday 04 August 2014)
- > Prix Rothschild: Esoteric, a first Group 1 "family" (Monday 04 August 2014)
- > Prix de la Haye: 5 years preparing their criterion (Friday 01 August 2014)
- > Trophée Vert to Bréhal: Sierra Léone with authority (Monday 28 July 2014)
A great sporting moment this Friday at the Hippodrome Sea during the last stage of challenge trotting at high speed. After step in Wallonia Timoko wants to take revenge on Roi du Lupin.
Champion in his country, the colt trained by John Gosden excels at challenging the Prix Jacques Le Marois. In the most coveted group 1 meeting in Deauville, Kingman sits just over his supremacy on the European mile