Prix de Fontainebleau : Cold shower for Dabirsim
At price of an incredible return, Dragon Pulse wins the Prix de Fontainebleau.
The duel between Dabirsim and Coup de Théâtre has not taken place. Instead, Dabirsim was the victim of a coup de theater, namely the irresistible rise of Dragon Pulse in the last 100 meters when he thought he had won the race.
The best two years-old in Europe, unbeaten in his last five races, had yet look great during his round of presentation: casual, elegant, confident in his abilities.
An ideal scenario
After a short explanation at the exit of the stalls between Dabirsim and himself, Historic Find moved to wait alongside his rival Coup de Théâtre , who imagine to wait until the final stretch to double the lead after his magnificent victory in the Prix Omnium II .
The race does not start on a very fast pace encouraging the creation of a compact bunch. The group of six horses ahead of the same look and at the halfway, So Fast guides to the troop before Vaniloquio , Historic Find and Dabirsim in an ideal position.
At 300m from the finish, the favorite spot his attack. In a few strides, it detaches from various lengths and then offers himself a comfortable mattress at 150m to go. The beautiful story would be enriched by a new chapter, the sixth win in a row, the newspapers had already found their titles.
Dabirsim releases, Dragon Pulse attacks
May be too easy on the last hectometre, Christophe Soumillon and Dabirsim
down the intensity of their stride while Dragon Pulse
is in a different dynamic!
A tactic even more bizarre that the crack jockey has taken the trouble to look behind him several times to ensure the position of its competitors.
Misjudgment, pump stroke of Dabirsim after his acceleration, or rather the sin of pride jockey?
Anyway, at the finish line, the favorite may not contain the irresistible finish of Dragon Pulse which is ahead by a nose.
Finally, the image of Dabirsim
is not tarnished. Obviously he has the wingspan of an exceptional horse.
Dragon Pulse and Mikel Delzangles offer here a landmark victory. After his second place in the National Stakes (GI) last September, the Irish shows that they will be wary of him at the Poule d’Essai des Poulains and at the Jockey Club .
>> The Arrival of the 2012 Prix de Fontainebleau
Les autres actualités
- > Trêve impériale dans le Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud (Monday 29 June 2015)
- > Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud: la revanche de l’Arc 2014 (Friday 26 June 2015)
- > Prix du Président de la République : Bilibili, pour papa ! (Monday 22 June 2015)
- > Prix du Président : Bird Parker, 24 ans après Ursulo de Crouay ? (Friday 19 June 2015)
- > Quinté de mercredi : le GNT fait escale à Reims (Wednesday 17 June 2015)
- > Prix de Diane : Star of Seville princesse du Diane (Monday 15 June 2015)
- > Prix de Diane: le manque de réussite des étrangères (Friday 12 June 2015)
- > Grande Course de Haies : « Un Temps pour Tout » au dessus! (Monday 08 June 2015)
- > Dimanche 7 juin : Grande Course de Haies d’Auteuil (Friday 05 June 2015)
- > New Bay, la victoire d’une nouvelle équipe (Monday 01 June 2015)
Trêve fut exacte au rendez-vous de son acte 2. La double lauréate du Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe remporte son cinquième Gr.1 dans le Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud. En route désormais vers le week-end de l'Arc...
Trêve, Flintshire et Dolniya soit les 1er, 2ème et 5ème du dernier Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe sont au départ d'un très relevé Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud 2015.
En ce jour de fête des pères, Alexandre Abrivard a fait le plus beau cadeau possible à son père, Laurent-Claude. En selle sur le pensionnaire de son père, Bilibili, il s'est imposé dans le Prix du Président de la République (Gr.1).