Prix de Fontainebleau : Cold shower for Dabirsim
At price of an incredible return, Dragon Pulse wins the Prix de Fontainebleau.
The duel between Dabirsim and Coup de Théâtre has not taken place. Instead, Dabirsim was the victim of a coup de theater, namely the irresistible rise of Dragon Pulse in the last 100 meters when he thought he had won the race.
The best two years-old in Europe, unbeaten in his last five races, had yet look great during his round of presentation: casual, elegant, confident in his abilities.
An ideal scenario
After a short explanation at the exit of the stalls between Dabirsim and himself, Historic Find moved to wait alongside his rival Coup de Théâtre , who imagine to wait until the final stretch to double the lead after his magnificent victory in the Prix Omnium II .
The race does not start on a very fast pace encouraging the creation of a compact bunch. The group of six horses ahead of the same look and at the halfway, So Fast guides to the troop before Vaniloquio , Historic Find and Dabirsim in an ideal position.
At 300m from the finish, the favorite spot his attack. In a few strides, it detaches from various lengths and then offers himself a comfortable mattress at 150m to go. The beautiful story would be enriched by a new chapter, the sixth win in a row, the newspapers had already found their titles.
Dabirsim releases, Dragon Pulse attacks
May be too easy on the last hectometre, Christophe Soumillon and Dabirsim
down the intensity of their stride while Dragon Pulse
is in a different dynamic!
A tactic even more bizarre that the crack jockey has taken the trouble to look behind him several times to ensure the position of its competitors.
Misjudgment, pump stroke of Dabirsim after his acceleration, or rather the sin of pride jockey?
Anyway, at the finish line, the favorite may not contain the irresistible finish of Dragon Pulse which is ahead by a nose.
Finally, the image of Dabirsim
is not tarnished. Obviously he has the wingspan of an exceptional horse.
Dragon Pulse and Mikel Delzangles offer here a landmark victory. After his second place in the National Stakes (GI) last September, the Irish shows that they will be wary of him at the Poule d’Essai des Poulains and at the Jockey Club .
>> The Arrival of the 2012 Prix de Fontainebleau
Les autres actualités
- > Prix du Président de la République : Pearse fait rêver Louisa Carberry (Friday 18 April 2014)
- > Vanika du Ruel sur la touche plusieurs mois (Wednesday 16 April 2014)
- > Jean-Michel Bazire, 5.000th ! (Friday 11 April 2014)
- > Critérium des 4 ans: one month of Day (Monday 07 April 2014)
- > Prix La Force: Gailo Chop, without fear or attribute (Monday 07 April 2014)
- > Prix d'Harcourt: Smoking Sun won his first Group! (Monday 07 April 2014)
- > Norse King gets big (Friday 04 April 2014)
- > Végas des Prés can win the Jackpot Saturday, April 5 at Vincennes (Friday 04 April 2014)
- > Saturday at Vincennes: At 9 years-old, Remember Jihem is better than ever (Friday 04 April 2014)
- > Friday, April 4 at Auteuil: Confirmation expected from Saint Palois and Polygona (Thursday 03 April 2014)
Récemment installée sur le centre d'entrainement de Senonnes, l'entraineur Louisa Carberry présente Pearse dimanche dans le Prix du Président de la République. Et avec ce cheval, tous les rêves sont permis.
Quatrième du Prix Henri Levesque samedi à Vincennes, Vanika du Ruel ne sera plus revue sur un hippodrome avant plusieurs mois. Les examens passés ce mardi matin ont en effet révélé un problème ligamentaire au postérieur gauche.